2009-07-02 05:50:15 +0000
I needed to change the music on hold for my Asterisk servers…
First, find your favorite music files in basically any format, get them somewhere where you can access them.
Then make sure you have ffmpeg installed, for mac users you can just do “port install ffmpeg” which can take a while as it has to install all the audio and video format libraries.
Go into the folder where you put the music files, and run the following (assuming you are on a UNIX client)
1 2 3 4 5
for f in `ls *.mp3` ; do FILE=$(basename $f .mp3) ; ffmpeg -i $FILE.mp3 -ar 8000 -ac 1 -ab 64 $FILE.wav \ -ar 8000 -ac 1 -ab 64 -f mulaw $FILE.pcm \ -map 0:0 -map 0:0 ; done
This will change your “MP4” files into a PCM (ulaw) and WAV file format.
Then move the existing music on hold directory in asterisk to another name:
# mv /var/lib/asterisk/moh /var/lib/asterisk/moh-original # mkdir /var/lib/asterisk/moh
Then install your new music files
# cp ~/*.pcm /var/lib/asterisk/moh/ # cp ~/*.wav /var/lib/asterisk/moh/
Then reload Asterisk and you should be good to go!
- Rails Security Alert
- Encrypting Another Partition Using FileVault 2 on OSX Lion
- Installing Home Folder on Second Drive on OSX Lion
- undefined local variable or method `version_requirements'
- A New World of Resources
- Rails Static Pages
- Twitter Replacing Rails? So?
- Engine Yard Cloud Backups Generating Zero Length Backups
- Our Rails Rumble Entry - StillAlive.com
- Renaming a controller and redirection in Rails 3
- Updating RailsPlugins.org to Rails 3 - Part 1
- A new protocol for social interaction
- What is a distributed social network?
- Bundler and Public Git Sources
- Getting Heroku, memcached and Rails 3 working
- Why Bundler?
- Rails Commit Access
- Introducing TellThemWhen
- rake RSpec & Cucumber uninitialized constant Rails::Boot::Bundler
- This Relationship is Worth Nothing
- Thank YOU...
- Inline Attachments for ActionMailer
- Upgrading RailsPlugins.org to Rails 3 - Part 1
- Stripping dollar signs and commas from a string
- Getting Rails 3 Edge with jQuery, RSpec and Cucumber using RVM
- Action Mailer, go Proc thyself
- The Real News Donation Drive
- ActionMailer ScreenCast and Article
- Installing RSpec for Rails 3
- I am speaking at RailsConf 2010
- Rails 3 Session Secret and Session Store
- If you're lazy and you know it write your specs!
- Bundler - uninitialized constant ActionController
- Bundle Me Some Sanity
- How to use Mail / ActionMailer 3 with GMail SMTP
- Put your mailer where the action is!
- Why Force a Choice?
- How to make an RSS feed in Rails
- Rails 3 Routing with Rack
- Bundle me some Rails
- Helping out in Haiti
- Watch your self
- Is Rails 3.0 a Game Changer?
- Where did the scripts go?
- validates :rails_3, :awesome => true
- New Rails Version 3.0 Guides Online
- New ActionMailer API in Rails 3.0
- Mail gem version 2 released
- How to rename a Rails 3 Application
- Rails 3.0 Examples
- November 2009 (1)
- October 2009 (2)
- September 2009 (2)
- August 2009 (0)
- July 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (0)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (0)
- March 2009 (0)
- February 2009 (0)
- January 2009 (2)
- December 2008 (0)
- November 2008 (5)
- October 2008 (0)
- September 2008 (1)
- August 2008 (0)
- July 2008 (2)
- June 2008 (13)
- May 2008 (7)
- April 2008 (18)
- March 2008 (8)
- February 2008 (5)
- January 2008 (7)
- December 2007 (20)
- November 2007 (22)